Unlocking MacBook ID activation lock is very common, when you forget the ID password and refreshes the system again, the ID activation lock will appear on the activation system interface. BY-T203 can be a good choice to tackle the dilemma.
As we know, BY-T203 is mainly used to remove the MacBook EFI lock, pin code lock, and bypass the iCloud activation lock of 2018-2020 MacBook with the T2 chip, and it can also be used to determine whether the T2 ROM data is damaged and the failure to boot is caused.
The BY-T203 is suitable for following Models:
1. Applicable to all MacBooks with T2 chips from 2018 to 2020
2. MacBook Pro 13.3/15.4/16 inches: A1989 A1990 A2159 A2141 A2289 A2251
3. MacBook Air 13.3 inches: A1932 A2179
5. Motherboard number corresponding to the machine：A2251 820-01949,A2289 820-01987, A2141 820-01700, A2159 820-01598, A1990 820-01041, A1989 820-00850,A1932 820-01521,A2179 820-01958.
T203 includes two tools: T203 USB flash drive and T203 ROM socket:
1. The activation lock unlocking software is written into the T203 U disk, and it supports MacBook with USB interface and Type_C interface. It is mainly responsible for reading the serial number and machine code of the machine, and unlocking the activation lock by analyzing the code.
2. T203 ROM socket is written with T2 ROM data of special equipment and T2 ROM read-write socket. It is mainly responsible for reading and writing T2 ROM data and saving T2 ROM unlock files. (The unlocking data inside the T203 ROM can only be used on the T203 machine. If other devices are used to read and write, it will damage the T2 ROM chip and cause the motherboard to not boot)
3. Even when restoring the device, the Activation Lock will not come back. The software is unlimited if you buy the tools.
How to Use BY-T203 TO Remove ID Activation Lock On MacBook?
1. Remove the T2 ROM chip
Turn the MacBook off to detach the motherboard and find the T2 ROM chip, use a hot air gun to remove the T2 ROM chip.
2. Use BY-T203 to write Unlock data to the T2 chip.
Attach the chip to BY-T203 socket, and use the "Programmer Software” folder to write unlock data.
3. Assemble the MacBook
Unplug BY-T203 and use a hot air gun to install the chip on the motherboard, and assemble the Macbook.
4. Restore MacBook
Now the MacBook is in DFU mode, connect the MacBook to another MacBook with a data cable, open Apple Configurator 2. Right click to select "Restore" to restore the MacBook.
5. Remove ID From MacBook
When the restore has finished, please press the Control-Option-Shift-Power button to get the MacBook into DFU mode, and then plug in the BY-T203 USB to read the MacBook data. The MacBook data is successfully read if the Touch Bar has shown some images.
When we see that bypassing has succeeded. Click "Cancel", the device is successfully activated.
5.Reinstall the system
Press Command-R to enter the system installation interface, and then reinstall the system. After completion, turn it on, the MacBook ID has been removed and the activation is successful.
The data written inside T203 can only be used on T203 machines. If other equipment is used to read and write, the motherboard will not boot or the T2 chip will be damaged, the supplier will not take any responsibility.
1. It is recommended to set the temperature and airflow of the Hot Air Gun at 425 °C and 3 respectively to remove the T2 ROM chip.
2. Solder the chip back on the motherboard with Hot Air Gun at 425 °C and airflow 3.